Copyright © Gaffney Systems Pty Ltd - ABN 67 134 159 167
Gaffprice has been tested by comparing its price results to actual outcomes over
years of historical data. This page shows test results for NSLP tariff pricing from 2003 to 2008,
and cap premium pricing from 2003 to 2009.
To test the accuracy of Gaffprice on Country Energy's NSLP in 2007 and 2008, we use:
- Half-hourly NSW pool price and demand data from Jan07-Dec08
- Half-hourly NSLP data for Country Energy from Jan07-Dec08
- Average NSW pool prices as forward contract prices, for instance:
- The average NSW pool price for Q1 2007 Peak was $73.57/MWh
- So, the forward contract price used for Q1 2007 Peak will be $73.57/MWh
is done for all quarters in the life of the customer contract:
Q1 2007 Peak is $73.57/MWh, Q1 2007 Off-Peak is $33.17/MWh, ...,
Q4 2008 Off-Peak is $25.30/MWh.
Gaffprice's tariff for Country Energy's NSLP from Jan07-Dec08 is $64.11/MWh.
The actual volume-weighted average price across those two years was $64.32/MWh.
The error was -$0.21/MWh, or 0.3% (absolute).
For testing cap premium prices, the process is the same, except that a flat load is used instead of
the variable NSLP.
Net System Load Profile tariff
Net System Load Profile weather premium (included in tariff)
Cap premium, $300/MWh strike price
Next Page: User Interface
*Data starts from July
Although Gaffney Systems makes every effort to ensure the data on this website is correct, we do not take responsibility for its accuracy, and accept no liability for its use or distribution.